Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best advice you've ever recieved? Who'd you recieve it from?

My grandma used to tell me when I'd whine or complain about something that it'll all be better by the time I got married. I know it sounds cheesy, but that advice has gotten me through some rough times, maybe it wasn't so much the advice but who told it to me.What is the best advice you've ever recieved? Who'd you recieve it from?
When I was a teen-ager an adult friend told me this concerning pre-marital sex....Her husband and her were high school sweethearts and planned on getting married....and naturally he wanted to go ahead and be intimate...she agreed but told him this....'; If I get pregnant I will not marry you because I would always wonder if you actually married me because of the baby or because you loved me';. That really hit home to me....it made me rethink my actions and be more 'careful ' with the decisions I made because I did not want to spend my life wondering why my partner was with me. Needless to say my husband and I were married 5 years before we had children.What is the best advice you've ever recieved? Who'd you recieve it from?
i have no idea, ive gotten a lot of advice from teachers and coaches, but i remember humor more than anything- ';when you assume, you look like a jackass';- mr. steffy
My mom told me ';Do never give up from your dreams';. That was definitely the best advice that I received.
';If it looks bad, get out!'; Everytime I ignored this profound relationship advice it has cost me dearly...


It came from an older policeman when I was a young policeman. He was wise even beyond his years.
From my dad, ';If we were all the same the world would be boring';.


From my dad, ';If we all liked the same thing there would not be enough to go around';.


Two tidbits that have proved to be valuable in my life.
on the night before my first day at 1st grade, i was really super scared... my brother said ';don't worry, after about 2 weeks, you'll be so used to it you'll forget about right now';...





best advice ever...
If it ain't broke - don't fix it








can't remember who told me that though
My dad told me ';A man is only as good as his word.'; One of the few things he told me in my early teen years I actually listened to.
My Father - God helps those who help themselves
Do try to grow up so fast....guess what I did and I should have listened to my mom.
when an ex %26amp; I were arguing in the weight room %26amp; he stormed out....


a complete stranger who had witnessed this came over %26amp; told me that I would be completely over him, when I fell in love with someone else....


it was true....
Another cheesy saying ';Don't count your chickens before they hatch';. My mother would say this time and again when I was younger during times that I would count of something that may or may not come to pass. It taught me to think ahead concerning outcomes of certain situations. I had to stop and think about the pros and cons of my actioins. One example was I got my first job and borrowed money from a friend for a frivolous item. I was counting on my first paycheck to cover the amount of the loan. I ended up totally hating the job and quit 3 days later. NO big paycheck, had to face my friend and tell her I couldn't pay the money back right away, and ended up with an item that ended up not being so great after all.
Those who get ahead in life do so not b/c they're the smartest, but b/c they worked the hardest. My dad.
';Don't masturbate with a cheese grater'; - great advice that Uncle Pappy gave us all.....
Well not exactly advice, but interpretations. Her name is Chloe and she helps me out with my dreams. She is on my contacts. She is very nice, I love her for what she does.
from my boss...he said..';think quickly but talk slowly,, you should listen first and let the others finish what they are saying before you say your words...';

No comments:

Post a Comment