Friday, January 8, 2010

Why can we give the best advice but its so hard to take advice?

I want to thank all of you who took the time or taking the time to lend me some advice after leaving my H four days ago. Isnt it funny that I know what I have to do %26amp; you all told me the same but it isnt that easy. Should I give up? Walk away find someone better, more sensitive,etc. Are there really sensitive men out there? Are we all better off living for ourselves %26amp; hooking up now %26amp; again. My H %26amp; I spent endless nights discussing ';our'; marriage %26amp; what we wouldnt do, we wont become them, its going to be awesome, nothing will change? Well,as we were told, marriage does change even the better than worse relationships. Look, we are all on the pc at 1:50am looking for the ';answer'; or ';why'; Sorry everyone, I just get so mad how the hell did this happen? This is just too hard for me to even comprehend. 5 mths!It's almost a joke %26amp; thats all I can do is laugh. Do I really just move on? Isnt the 1st yr the hardest? Are we really hopeless? Sorry,dont want to play victim but this does SUCK!Why can we give the best advice but its so hard to take advice?
Before you take advice from people you don't know. You need to first listen to you. If you love him and think you can make this marriage work, then try to work things out.





You are right, the 1st year (and a few more) are hard, but that doesn't mean give up! I read your other question, and I don't think you got the ';best'; advice. Consider the sources... (and here I'm talking and you don't know me from the rest of them!)





But I will say, go to someone who knows the two of you, someone who can be a voice of reason. And have that person mediate the issues you are having with your husband. A good councilor will be able to help you there. Find one.





My marriage ended over stupid stuff. Things that could have easily been handled in an adult way, and fixed. If you love your husband, go the hard road and try to forgive and get to the bottom of your issues.





For the fourth time tonight, I will suggest a few books that I believe could have saved my marriage if I had them before it was over...





1. The Five Love Languages- Probably my favorite... it talks about the different ';languages'; of love we can offer to each other. Everyone has one or two that are their main love language, and if you are not communication to you spouse in THEIR love language, then they probably won't feel loved... great book.





2. Love and Respect- it talks about the different needs of a husband and a wife. It relates to each of you. It's split in certain areas to directly talk to you and to your husband. It talks about how women see things thru ';pink glasses'; and men see things thru ';blue glasses';. It's eye opening...It's wonderful.





3. Friendship Factor- This one is SO basic. It was like a light going off in my head each time I turned a page. It helps you realte to others better as WELL as your husband.





I would read them in that order...together with your husband. You can find them in the Christian/ Religious section of most bookstores. And don't worry, they aren't overly ';holy'; if you are weirded out by Christian books. It's just that God designed man and woman for each other, and boy oh boy does HE have some good principles to build on. The books are very relatable and easy to read quickly.





Go get advice from a source that you can trust. Know that my heart is with you as you are suffering. And I hope that you can see past this incident, and try to make some sort of sense of the issues you are having.Why can we give the best advice but its so hard to take advice?
Advice is available at free of cost n very easy.





Practical implementation is very hard. B/c 1. choose d best advice wisely. 2.Implemetentation by thyself only(not by advicers)3.Face d challengs also in same way.4.Gain n loss 4 thyself only.Advicers hav no hand. Again they r redy 2 give more advice.





Conclusion: Wen u need advice there are lot of ppl, wen u implement n face it u r alone.
The first two years of marriage are the hardest. It's a huge adjustment, but it's worth it. I remember hearing a psychologist telling a couple ';just love each other';. It's simple...but hard to do. But moving from marriage to marriage is just as difficult. Just know that you will go through rough times.





Good luck.
actually when we are given advice, it is easy. but when we are applying it, this is hard.your problem is solved by the herself not another persons.
we see others more clearly than we see ourselves. (which should not be the case)
How doe,s one ever get over loving a H? as far as being better off living alone..i am and its realy freakin tuff.but i am doing it. me myself..another guy is the farthest from my mind right now. and probably for the next year. and your question..how the hell did this happen..if you figure it out let me know...please. hang in there. open a bx of puffs.go ahead cry, scream, wonder why.i am. shyloh.

No comments:

Post a Comment