Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Best advice you were given?

I know that a lot of people like to come up to you and give you advice that they think is helpful. Just wondering if you actually got any good advice from these people. Would also like to know what the worse piece of advice you received.Best advice you were given?
best advice ; dont listen to what everyone else has to say, when your baby is born you know will know what is right and wrong for him/her.


worste ; one personally actually told me if my baby ever got sick to dress them lightly and take them outside in the cold because it would open up their lungs and help them breath better... never mind getting better i guess....Best advice you were given?
they have given me all kinds of advice that i cant really remember a good one lol but one lady did tell me not to eat sunflower seeds while pregnant, she said she didnt kno why not but that they kept telling her not to.





i thought she wasnt being serius so i kept eating sunflower seeds, later on my stomach was hurting and felt cramps comin back 2 back. so i guess she was right, i dont see how it affects you or t he baby since my dr. told me everything was fine, maybe it was just discomfort.
Best advice: Trust your instincts.


Worst advice: Drink lots of coca-cola while pregnant.
Trust your instincts!
best advice: ';just remember, this will all eventually be over'; haha


worst advice: ';The baby will come when its ready, there's nothing you can do about it.'; I know both may be true, but sometimes you really don't want to hear it, and it just depresses you even more. . .the worst advice that is.
I hated hearing... ';where is her hat? it's too cold out for her little head!';


I never really took any of the advise I was given.


My mother in law (mother of 3 boys) really had no advise for me since I had a girl.


My mom on the other hand... (Mother of 5, 2 boys, 3 girls) had plenty to say.





while pregnant though, it was don't lay down like that, or keep your feet up...


I was ready to hurt the next person that told me I should eat for two...or not to give in to cravings.


I mean make up your minds people!
worst... (after getting married) my grandmother on my mom's sides told me not to get pregnant until I was 25... I was 19 when she told me that. (she didn't think the marriage would last that long)





best... shut up, and kiss me... :)


my husband says that at least once a week.
I was given alot of good advice. The classics mostly; sleep when the baby sleeps, dont smoke, trust your instincts, take hand-me-downs, etc, etc.......The best advice I was given though was to always make sure that I find time in the day for my fiance.





The worst advice I was given was actually by my own family. They would tell me to do exactly what the doctor says. If I had done this my daughter would have starved. She was so hungry that formula just wasnt enough by 6 months and I had to give her real food. Doctor kept tellin me to give her the Gerber starter foods. But she wouldnt eat them. So yeah I guess that is the same as trusting your instincts. But still.
The worse.....';Let them cry it out. Don't hold them too much, you will spoil them. Why are you reading, talking so much to them so young...they can' t understand what you are saying. You don't need to change their diaper every time they pee. That boy should be potty trained by age 2!';





The best.....';You can never spoil your baby in the first year. Talk to your baby all the time about anything and everything. The dishes will wait, but your baby won't stay a baby for long.';





My son is 4 years old and has been talking up a storm since he was 2. He is very bright, and caring. He has his moments but he is always my baby. I never listened to the worse advice I got because I knew it was the worse advice. And my son NEVER had a diaper rash either and I didn't go broke buying diapers.
Best advice was probrably from my mom, who pretty much has told me continously through my pregnancy to relax. I'm not a very uptight person, I am usually pretty calm and take things as they come, but there is something about being pregnant, everything seems to be a little bigger of a deal, from eating something that makes you feel off or even tripping (not even falling) then there are all the lists and doctors recomendations during pregnancy, and not the I am discrediting doctors, but our parents had all of us, and they has us without all the the stress of oh no DONT EAT THAT, and on and on. My mom pretty much said, relax and it'll be a breeze. It had been. :-)
Don't smoke.
the best advice i got from my mom was, childbirth isnt that bad, because if it was women wouldn't have multiple children...


the worst advice i got was pretty much from any stranger, who said... ';uhh ohh, watch out, no more sleep ever, all your baby is going to do is cry and poop and cry and not sleep!!!'; NOT TRUE!! i just dont get why people always try to scare 1st time moms and dads!!
drink lots of water to help with my constipation! lol it helped %26amp; im greatful!
  • ink cartridge
  • oily skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment