Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Whats the best advice your parents have given you. how has it helped you in life.?

It's not how much you make, it's how much you save. This has allowed me to work 32 hour weeks and take longer, mostly unpaid vacations each year yet be able to take early retirement. True, I could have worked that 5th day each week. But it would have entailed sacrificing the time I spend packaging my own snack sized foods for lunch, scouring thrift shops for bargains, growing beans and squash, and many other money saving activities. If I figure in lower taxes, I'd only come out a few dollars ahead for that extra day of work. I'd rather work at saving than work for my boss, so this has made for a much more pleasant life.Whats the best advice your parents have given you. how has it helped you in life.?
the golden rule, treat others the way you would like to be treated. I don't find I have to apologize much.Whats the best advice your parents have given you. how has it helped you in life.?
Be yourself and think positive.





It's gotten me through so much. I try not to think about the negative and only think the positive. not dwell on the past and look forward into the future and I never become something I'm not and I'm doing just fine
Be yourself and stop worrying about what others think.


Highschool drama and worries are just a small part of what your life will end up to be.


Study in school, it will help you in the long run.





just to name a few..
My mother wasn't too good on any advice. But, my father was the most wonderful Daddy in the world. His words to me and my sister was to always live for God. Be kind to elders, animals....well, everyone. Help others who are less fortunate than you. Always feed and clothe someone if they need it. Be polite and courteous to others. And don't be a follower, be a leader and use common sense. Not only did he tell us these things, he led by example. He was the kindest and the most compassionate ever. It has helped me in life because I have been all of the above. I watched him get taken advantage of alot and so have I. But, as I got older I saw people differently, I used my common sense and steered away from those who was going down the wrong path. Believe me, I have so hard to help people I knew that used drugs and were alcoholics. But until they want to quit they won't. My dad was a Church of Christ Preacher and he is gone physically but still her in my heart and life. I know I'm talking too much. But, that is what I was taught and how it has affected my life.
This piece of advise does not apply to love and personal life, but it does apply to your financial, educational, professional life: Life is a game, play the game right and you get what you want. (i.e. do what is asked of you and you can get away with other stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment