Thursday, December 31, 2009

I want an afro, what is your best advice? method?

My hair has always been naturally straight, even since i was born. Now I want an afro. My hair right now is 3 inches long. Im thinkin about buying a formula at the store. What formula should i get? And is that the best way or should i go to a hairdresser? What advice should you give me? I also heard that it would hurt your hair, is it true?I want an afro, what is your best advice? method?
get it permed.I want an afro, what is your best advice? method?
Go see a professional....
After it grows a lot, give it a perm. If you want something close to authentic, make it tight since you hair is straight
Go to a professional salon a licensed stylist should be the one to evaluate your hair and scalp to determine the right perming treatment for you. You can burn the living daylights out of your head if you don't know what you are doing. Tell them what you are wanting to do with the afro, it can be done and it will last a few months. Follow their guidelines for aftercare or it will turn frizzy or the perm will fall out.
I have bone straight hair but had a groovy fro back in the late 70's. I had my hair permed in a salon. My hair was wound on pipe cleaners and perm solution applied. The perm was a high alkaline perm, to give a tight curl with hold. My hair was a true afro. Have to warn you though, as it grew out, the roots were bone straight so I had this kinky curly frizz hanging at the ends of the bone staright hair at the scalp. Was excellent for about a month though. My hair would not move in a stiff breeze.
Buy a wig, it's just a phase your going thru, silly.
OK WASH YOUR HAIR AND THEN PUT A BLOW DRYER TO IFT AS YO ARE DRYING IT TAKE A WIDE TOOTH COMP AND GO STRIGHT FROM YOU SCALP AND UP THAT SHOULD WORK OR GO GET YOUR HAIR CUT AT A BLACK HAIR SALON AND ASK THEM TO HELP YOU GET WAVES WEN YOU DO THAT IT MITE TAKE AWHILE FOR THEM TO GROWW BUT DONT CUT YOUR HAIR AND WEN THE WAVES START GROWIN LET THEM BE DONT BRUSH EXCEPT FOR IN THE MORNING THAT SHOULD WORK TRUST ME I STUDY BLACK HEAIR ALMOST EVERY DAY SO JUS TRY IT!
I'm guessing that you're white and if I'm correct I must say I've never seen a white boy with an afro that wasn't curly. But if you do succeed, it doesn't hurt unless it gets really nappy! lol
I would get a perm... but you will have to go see a professional for that... tell her that you want an afro so she will make the curls smaller... you will probably have to ';tease'; you hair after tho...well I dont think getting one perm would hurt your hair alot.. but if you get them alot it will really dry your hair out and make it look nasty!! so go talk to a few professionals first before messing up your do! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment