Monday, December 28, 2009

Please advice. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?

I want to apply for jobs in the United Nation in Thailand (My home country).





The standard application address---';Before your application can be submitted, you must indicate at least one Mother Tongue.'; Those language are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish.





I was born and raised in Thailand. My mother tongue would be Thai langauge. However, I have been studied in the U.S. since I was 17. Moreover, I have a highschool, a BA and a MPA degree in the U.S.





Should I address Thai and English as my mother tongue language?





Thank you for your advice.Please advice. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
Yes, if you are fluent in them both that would be appropriate.Please advice. 10 points for the best advice. Thank you?
FIRST LANGUAGE OF ANY BODY IS MOTHER TONGUE


ONLY BY BIRTH OR HIS MOTHERS LANGUAGE,SO THAT


YOUR MOTHER TONGUE THAI IS YOURS MOTHER TONGUE


LANGUAGE.
your mother tongue in thailand is your ethnic language while in u.s. it is english!
Thai is your mother tongue not English even if you master English. A mother tongue by definition is the language that you have been immersed into when you were born, the language spoken by the people who raised you.





My mother tongues are French and Creole. French and Creole are my native languages.





Besides, I speak 5 other languages, they are not my mother tongues but languages that I have learned.





You can't put your native language at the same level than languages you have learned in your life ... I don't care how good you master these languages.





In the application somewhere else, you will be able to indicate your languages skills, then mention English as your second language.
List the language you use the most and let them know you are bilingual. Good luck!
but both


or every langue u no if u dont no what to put


or go with ur first enstinct
Yes because it would better describe her regular language and her ethnic background
You can state that Thai is your 'Mother Tongue' but that you are fully bi-lingual. Did you speak English at home when you were small? If so you could then say English. Maybe you can write a few words in the section for 'other information'.
State English and Thai (your can speak both on a mother tongue level, so that is absolutely fine). Go by qualification/skills and not by where you were born.





Good luck.
Thai- as you said that's what you first learned.





If not, just go with whatever you speak best.
I suggest you explain your language background in your application as you have done here. Good luck!
  • professional makeup
  • pores blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment