Monday, December 28, 2009

Yahoo answers best way to get advice?

just wonderin if u guys think if yahoo answers is the best way to get advice. i think its great.Yahoo answers best way to get advice?
With some of the answers I see on here? No. That's why I strive to answer to the best of my abilities because nine out of ten people who pop up in the area I mostly frequent are kids who have no idea what they are talking about. I figure at least if the asker takes my advice or the advice of one of the few regulars who are knowledgeable they'll be alright. Gawd help them if they take some of the other advice I've seen, though.Yahoo answers best way to get advice?
Yes, I think that Yahoo! answers is a great website for a number of reasons,but to answer your question as to if it's the best way to get advice,I would say that it depends.It depends on what type of advice you are seeking..If you are looking for medical advice,I would use it to get some ideas and preliminary advice,but it's wise to get the advice of a medical professional such as a doctor,and not just to depend on Yahoo!Answers.





If it's advice that does not deal with your health or life or death situations,then it is a good site to turn to for the opinions of others.It also depends on the persons answering your questions,what type of experience they have,their education and background etc.Some members post all of this information on their profile page,others do not.I have in the past asked questions relating to health and vehicle maintenance and gotten some good solid information that was useful and proved to be correct.You should take the advice you get with a grain of salt,which means that you can accept it, but maintain a degree of skepticism about its truth.Yahoo! Answers is not the only website to turn to for information and advice,there are others,some of which are listed in the link below:





http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/que…



You certainly get some good advice from Yahoo! Answers but by the same token you get a lot of junk advice as well.





At the bottom of the page below all the flags it actually says ';Yahoo! does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any Yahoo! Answers content. Click here for the Full Disclaimer.';
Noooo. I only answer here, not ask. Seriously, Wikipedia is more reliable. I wouldn't trust Yahoo! Answers for even this question. =P





... Was that a paradox? Not asking here, that's for sure.
Sometimes? You never know. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment