Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is the hands-down best advice you've ever received?

Who gave it to you? What was the context?





Thanks!What is the hands-down best advice you've ever received?
My Buddist mentor told me many MANY times:





';Quit trying to fix people. They deserve the opportunity to fail and learn a profound lesson from their mistakes just as you have learned from your mistakes. Encourage. Guide. Support. Don't fix.';





Failure was always the best way for me to learn yet I often begrudge others the same opportunity because I can't stand to see people suffer. It is selfish of me because acting on my feelings pacifies me while prolonging the suffering because my ';fixes'; are only temporary for them.What is the hands-down best advice you've ever received?
Love God with all your heart. Love your neighbor as yourself. When possible live in peace.
Trust God in all things.





He told me that in His word, the bible.
Myself- Don't let things bother you ;)
Don't take anything to seriously
';The only cure for grief is taking action';


-My old creepy science teacher.
I have to grow old ,but i should never grow up!








(((my granddaddy)))
give my life and heart to Jesus- never will regret that as long as I live- and by the way, that is for eternity!!!!!!!!!!
Don't make impulse decisions. Do yourself a favor and sleep on it. If you still feel the same way the next day, then go for it.
Always clean up one mess before you start another (my dad regarding cooking in the kitchen , but it applies to many areas of life).
Do NOT lend your ears to the ';M';ockingbird's songs. Pay no platypus debt to human guile - North 2 the Future, The Shadow STILL stabs at the lovers' hearts; hiding its true NUMBERS behind a most COLORFUL mask of unfolding lies.





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A_-t9W4G…








';I'm NOT a man of too many faces, THE MASK I WEAR IS ONE';:





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=037uSAIah…








.
Dolly Parton ';Better Get to Livin'';


http://youtube.com/watch?v=H-H5Nr25pLU%26amp;f…
Concentrate on what you are doing rather than what others are doing and you will be more productive.
There are many great pieces of advice. You need more than just one to make your way.
I rate advice on the Oscar Wilde scale (';Good advice is good only when it is passed on to others; it is never of any use to oneself';) so on that basis, the best advice I've ever received was:





Keep your opinions to yourself.
Use birth control....to bad I was too young and dumb to listen.
When my father said, ';Stephanie, when you got into the car with him, did you think that may be the last ride you ever take?';





I was in a very bad relationship and for some reason that struck a cord....and I never spoke to the guy again.....and I firmly believe that is why I'm alive today.
To be old and wise; You must first be young and stupid.
When in combat, reload every chance you get no matter how little ammunition is depleted.
Come to Christ, The Spirit of the living God.. Saving faith.
Dont lean over the stove





hehee, i burnt my hair once..





:D
';Don't sit around and complain that the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing - it was here first.';





Speech at my high school graduation, given by a rabbi quoting Mark Twain. It was very inspiring, he was speaking primarily to the people who sat around praying and complaining that nothing happened.
Don't take advice from Laptop Jesus coal miner people.
Not to gamble with anyone named after a state.
believe in yourself
';Don't drink the water.'; My parents told me that when we went to India and if they hadn't I'd probably be dead.
I read this somewhere and it has really helped me sort out genuine friends from those whose motivations may not in my best interest.





'If you are not with me, you are against me.'





It isn't that I would think that someone is my enemy, but It helps me see that if our goals are not the same, we will work against each other. Otherwise you tend to think of everyone as your friend and the word becomes a bit watered down.





It runs across my mind at least once a day. It makes me ask in my mind, 'What is your motivation?' It really helps me think 'outside of the box'.
My grandpa.





If you lose your home, you can build another. If you lose your money you can earn some more. But if you lose your good name, you'll never get it back.
Hi,





From my father, (1909-1975) who traveled the whole world from the 30's to late 50's.





'If you are around when the s hit hits the fan, some of it is liable to splatter on you!';





Cheers,





Michael Kelly





PS - this applies from working in Iraq as a consultant to getting mixed up in gangs and such. That saying saved me on a number of occasions.
Question everything
Stand up for yourself. My mom. I was always getting bullied in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment