Monday, December 28, 2009

What's the best advice you have ever been given and who gave it to you?

My Grandma told me ';Never give advice....a wise man won't need it, and a fool won't heed it.';What's the best advice you have ever been given and who gave it to you?
Two different people gave me excellent advice that I still pass on:





My brother-in-law told me ';Always be looking for a better job because you'll be surprised what people will be willing to pay you for what you know';.





And a friend's dad told me this when I was 18 and was mad at an organization because of one person's actions:


';Don't judge an entire organization based on the actions of one man';.What's the best advice you have ever been given and who gave it to you?
Accept people for WHO they are NOT what they are, be it race, sexual preference or what. And ask only that I be acceped for WHO I am.





by a babysitter when a child





2nd best -- Today is the Tomorrow You Worried About Yesterday -- from my Grandfather
i have no idea, over the years i've had so much advice and so many people gave it to me, but the best was probably ';love yourself, and you'll be loved'; from my mom
The best advice I was ever given was :'; If you tell the truth, you never have to change your story';. It was given to me by a man in our former church, when I was talking to him about being off the booze ( I'm a recovering alcoholic-sober since 1998 ! ) , and how good it felt not having to tell so many lies about where I was and all that. I've never forgotten that advice. He also said :'; You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.'; Take care. oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment